Saturday, March 7, 2015

Famous ramen of Menya Musashi main restaurant @ Shinjuku, Tokyo

Menya Musashi is a famous chain ramen restaurant in Japan and their outlet in Shinjuku is their main restaurant. Do come here early or later if you would like to have their delicious ramen queue free. The restaurant is a bit hard to locate as the signboard does not have any English wording. The shop name is in japanese and I was standing outside the restaurant for a while figuring whether I am at the correct restaurant. Until someone came out from the shop then I asked whether this is Menya Musashi and they said "yes".

Taste:9/10(Delicious. The lean pork slice were tender and fatty meat were good as well. You can taste a hint of orange peel in the soup and maybe that is the secret to tasty soup. The soup was moderately thick and enough saltiness. Noodles texture were good and the place were clean and comfortable - unlike some of the places that I went which is cramped).
Price:6/10(Moderate. I ordered their ramen with everything in. I had the version which the noodles inside soup with bamboo shoot, egg, pork and seaweed. The price was 1080 Yen including tax. You need the specify the amount of noodles that you would like to have either small, medium or large. Do make sure you are a big eater before ordering large portion).


Finally I found the shop. Located two streets away from the underneath izakaya of train lines.


You need to buy your ticket from the vending machine. My choice is the obvious ramen with everything which priced at 1080 Yen including tax.

I arrived here around 9.00pm and the restaurant is quite busy at that time.

The staffs here all wearing red colour uniform and the way they prepare the meal is quite systematic and fast.

I get a seat and the people here are all enjoying their meals.


My ramen arrived. It contains all the goodness that a bowl of ramen should have. Bamboo shoot, seaweed, fatty pork, runny egg and pork slice.


The fatty pork was good and meat was tender.


The egg were runny inside and it was perfect.

The pork slice were tender and good.

Write up about Menya Musashi tsukemen. Tsukemen is a Japanese noodle dish consisting of ramen which is eaten after dipping in a separate bowl of soup.

GPS/Coordinate: 35.695508, 139.698673
Address: 7-2-6 Nishishinjuku | K1 Bldg. 1F, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture
Public transport: Shinjuku Station (Yamanote, Chuo, Shonan-Shinjuku lines, etc.), Shinjuku-Sanchome Station (Marunouchi, Shinjuku, Fukutoshin lines)

Comments:

  1. This blog is really helpful for my database. It enhanced the area of my thoughts and pushed me beyond the boundaries. Work ethic of every point is different and represent a new way to improve myself. Ramen in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete