1. The rising of goods prices over the last few months is quite obvious especially after a big rise of flour price in september 2007. For those who don't know, the enriched flour price increased from RM1.60 to RM2.60!
2. Feel good feeling as most is still in festival mood.
3. School holiday. SPR need to use school as voting station.
4. The world oil prices have been reaching USD 100 on a few occassions and the current government is unable to bear it any longer with out increasing the oil prices.
5. To have a fresh mandate before situation getting worse (inflation, increase cost of leaving, demonstrations & lose of confidence).
6. Opposition don't have any big issues to woo the voters.
7. To prevent DSAI from contesting in this general election.