Oyster card is a must for budget traveller in London. If you stay for one week, do consider an Oyster card and load it with one week unlimited travel on zone 1 and zone 2. Applicable for both London tube and buses.
Iconic red telephone booths.
St Pancras railway station.
Shopping area of Piccadilly Circus.
Me with the Royal palace guard. Its end of winter so the guard need to dress in thick clothing. You can only see the red guard uniform during summer.
Mummies of British Museum.
Punk and gothic area of Camden Town.
The Royal Albert Hall.
|Day 1 (Wed)||1. Travel from Kuala Lumpur to London via Malaysia Airlines on Airbus A380 flight. The journey takes approximately 13 hours. ||1. Check in at Palmer Lodge Hillspring hostel near Willesden Green Underground Station. ||1. Japanese sashimi don dinner at Sushi-Say shop near Willesden Green Underground Station. |
2. Having night view of Houses of Parliament of England by Walking around Westminster.
|Day 2 (Thur)||1. Breakfast at Palmers Lodge Hillspring hostel. |
2. Visiting St Pancras railway station. This railway station is known for its beautiful architecture. The King Cross station located beside St Pancras is also having great architecture view inside.
|1. Joining SANDEMANs NEW Europe London Free walking tour. This a 2.5 hours tour to get a glimpse of London. |
2. Changing of guards at St James Palace
3. Changing of the Horse Guards Parade
|1. Late lunch at The Old Monk. Having fish and chips. ||1. Visit London Chinatown by stopping by Leicester Square tube station. |
2. Visit Piccadilly Circus to view London largest billboard area. This area is known as Times Square of London.
3. Visit M&M's World London
4. Roasted duck rice dinner at Four Seasons in Chinatown.
|Day 3 (Fri)||1. Having Bombay potato khobez as early breakfast. |
2. English breakfast at Franx Cafe in Covent Garden.
|1. Visiting shops and event watching around Covent Garden. |
2. Visit Camden Town. Punk and hipster of London.
|1. Heading to Canary Wharf then switch to London DLR tube to go to Greenwich. Meridian Greenwich is located near the Greenwich station. This is where the international time zone starts (GMT). There are many attractions around Greenwich such as Cutty Sark ship and Old Royal Naval College. ||1. Visit British Museum to view mummies and famous artifacts. |
2. Fish & chips dinner at Rock and Sole Plaice in Covent Garden.
|Day 4 (Sat)||1. Breakfast at Palmers Lodge Hillspring hostel. ||1. Lunch at Ace Cafe London. Nice cafe with big bikes around. ||1. Chelsea stadium. |
2. Lewis Leather shop. Interesting shop with beautiful leather jackets.
|1. Shopping in Oxford Street. You can find bargain in Primark. Working and casual shirts is so cheap here. You can't believe that you get such price in London. |
2. Dinner at Beijing Dumpling in Chinatown, London.
|Day 5 (Sun)||1. Visit Tower Bridge London |
2. Sightseeing outside of Tower of London. You can view London tallest skyscraper (Shard) from here.
3. Famous Portobello road market. Do visit this road market specialized on food and antiques if you happen to be in London during weekends.
|1. Indian food lunch at The Monsoon in Brick lane, London |
2. Sightseeing around Brick lane and visit sunday Brick lane market.
|1. Modern building of Lloyds of London. This is corporate body underwriters which have futuristic building during the time of completion in 1986.||1. St Paul Cathedral |
2. Seafood noodles at Golden Dragon Restaurant.
|Day 6 (Mon)||1. Borough Market |
2. Modern arts at Tate Modern museum.
|1. Millenium bridge||1. Late lunch at Bricklane Brasserie. |
2. The National Gallery. Short visit as near to closing time.
3. Trafalgar Square.
|1. Walking to Westminster station. |
2. Vietnamese food as dinner in Viet Pho nearby Leicester Square London tube.
3. Piccadilly Circus billboard viewing and photography.
|Day 7 (Tue)||1. Brought Falafel and Houmous wrap from Tesco as light breakfast |
2. Proper breakfast/lunch at Regency Cafe
3. Strutton Ground with many fancy bakery shops around.
|1. Victoria and Albert museum. This is a great museum to visit. |
2. Royal Albert Hall.
3. Natural History Museum. This museum have a large collection of dinosaur skeletons.
|1. Late lunch at Marks & Spencer Marble Arch |
2. Window shopping at The Harrods. Knightsbridge tube station.
|1. Dinner at Italian restaurant of Ristorante Cappuccetto |
2. Sightseeing around Leicester Square.
|Day 8 (Wed)||1. Burberry factory outlet visit. Not recommended to visit as price is not that cheap. Nearby Hackney Central tube station.||1. Neal's Yard cheese shop |
2. Gold mine Bayswater roasted duck.
|1. Back home London to Kuala Lumpur via Malaysia Airlines on Airbus A380. |