Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trick Eye Museum @ Seoul

I never think about this museum initially and it was not in my plan. However as I browse thru some of my friends photos, I saw a unique picture an a painting of this museum. Then I ask her what place is this. As soon I have the museum name, I straight do some research on how to go to this museum. I am lucky to be able to browse thru some photos and saw this on my second last day in Seoul. After searching over the net, I found out that this museum is just walking distance from the hostel that I stay.

The interactive museum features paintings that create optical illusions on flat surfaces. Famous and artworks and fantastic scenes are turned into 3D images, allowing visitors to interact with the characters aside. No matter how young or old, you sure be entertained. The paintings in the museum are quite unique and you able to create funny post around the picture for amusement effect. If you travelling alone, they even have a helper there who can help you to take picture.

The entrance fee is 13,000 won for adult.

Rating:9/10(It's a fun & funny museum to visit. You can easily spend 2 hours here).


Entrance to the Trick Eye Museum.

The sushi is so heavy. I can't barely holding it.

Help! This monster going to eat me.

Oops, cut too much.

Wow! So much money!

Mirror room. You have to find way out thru another exit.

Seems like I escape thru painting. LIVE painting!

Pouring large bottle of wine.

I stole her necklace.

Healthy urine :-P

Wah! Gold.

Save the day.

The guy in the picture are screaming as I pull down his pant.

I am in Volkswagen.

Money...

Sails thru Venice, Italy.

Address:
B2 Seogyo Plaza, Seogyodong 357-1, Mapo-gu, Seoul
82-2-3144-6300
www.trickeye.com
Hours: 10am-9pm

By Seoul Metro subway:
Hongik University Station (Line #2), Exit #9
From Exit #9, walk straight and turn left at VIPs restaurant. Walk until you arrive at Starbucks, then cross the street into the pedestrian road on the right (there are two). A purple sign that reads "Trick Eye Museum" will be on your right.
Coordinate/GPS: 37.552828,126.921609 (approximate).

Comments:

  1. The pics are so cute. Thanks^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thank you for visiting Trick Eye Museum in Hongdae and hope you had great time with us. We would like to share some of your photo at TEM in our blog for English speakers (http://trickeye.blogspot.com). If it's ok with you, please let us know. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for visiting my blog. I am ok for you to share my photos but do reference back to my website.

      Delete
    2. Yes, of course. Your photo will be featuring sometime in week 4 of June, so please do check our blog by end of the week :)

      Delete