Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mussel pot at Leon De Bruxelles @ Paris, France

I came to this restaurant by accident as I am looking around for a good dinner on sunday night in Paris. I coincidently stop by at République metro station and hoping to find Chinatown in Paris. However, I couldn't find it and most of the shops are close. Somehow, I walk around and found three restaurants open. I having hard time to decide at that time as the three restaurant menu seems good. Finally I chose Leon De Bruxelles as their restaurant is the largest and people have to queue to get inside! So it must be good! And the speciality of this restaurant is mussel. Oh, I don't even think about eating mussel in Paris. Looks like this random food hunt brings me to eat something special. The service is reasonable and the staff able to speak English. So no language barrier here.

After I got a seat, I have to wait for around 20 minutes before being served. However, I am satisfied with the meal here. The price is a steal as this restaurant offers buffet style mussel dish.

Taste:8/10(Good. The mussel is fresh and good taste of French mussel cooking).
Price:7/10(Moderate. The portion is quite big some more you can order unlimited number of pot as long as you can finish it. A meal here plus a wine set me back EUR21.40).


Eaten the most mussel in one meal. I ordered the Provencale styled mussel. The mussel cooked with tomatoes, garlic, mixed herbs, black olives, olive oil, white wine and with creme fraiche.

The mussel from near.

With nice fries and baguette.

Metro station: 5 minutes walk from République station.
Address: 8, Place De La Republique, 75011 Paris.
GPS/Coordinate: 48.86686,2.365183
Website:http://www.leon-de-bruxelles.fr/

Comments:

Post a Comment