Monday, April 30, 2012

Special interest to reality

When I was young, particularly during early years of secondary school, I have a special interest to develop my general knowledge. Then the habit of going to school library everyday begins to start. Basically I like to read anything about history, world records, science and fascinating facts. At that time, I begins to collect "The Great Artist" magazine which was produced weekly. The magazine is about the life and their works during 15th century until the modern art era in the 20s. I do monitor almost every week and look for those featured artist which I wanted to know about. I didn't want to buy the whole set because at that time MYR5.90 for a magazine is considered quite expensive. Little that I know that this kind of interest has encouraged me wanted to go and see the real painting itself and to know the story behind the painting. And at that time, I don't even think of doing that as its quite impossible. So, its true when dreams/interest can becomes reality when we work hard towards that.


Some of my collections.

Besides the featured artist lives, it also tells the news during the year the artist successful years. Based on this article, I can't believe that I actually had read about Fontainebleau palace 15 years ago! And now I know that they already have train to go there since 1849!

Painting in Lourve, Paris.


Lourve is the largest art museum in the world. Formerly, its a functional palace.

Most people only recognize Lourve via the two large glass pyramid.

painting by Renoir in Musee d'Orsay, Paris.

Musee d'Orsay has a lot of 18th century paintings.

Painting by Renoir in Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET), New York.

Outside of MET. This is still my favourite art museum.

Modern art by Miro in MET.

Comments:

Post a Comment