Sunday, April 29, 2012

Andouillette and foie gras @ Dudule Restaurant, Paris

Dudule located in Place d'Italie, Paris is a traditional brasserie which serve authentic French food. One particular funny that I encountered in this restaurant. I went in this restaurant as the crowd on that night is very good and I don't feel like going far from my hotel for late dinner. Plus, it was raining and cold on that day. I found out this restaurant has a good menu and reasonable price but I not exactly sure what they are serving. I am not sure not to order but I know I would like to have one starter and one main course.

For starter, I don't think much as I know what I want have. Its my last night in Paris, so I want to try foie gras. Although the way foie gras produced is quite controversial, I would like to try myself to find out what make people desired to savour this fine duck liver. For main course, I only understand one item from the menu which is sausage. But I was wondering why this sausage have AAAAA appended to the name. Little that I know, I just ordered this.

When I get my main course, I cut thru the so called sausage and somehow weird smell from the sausage. It smelled like shit! When I look closer, it looks like colon in there. Then I tasted it. Wow, the taste is strong mixture of shit and garlic smell. As I continue to eat it, I think the menu is not too bad and quite tasty :-) After the meal, I went to my hotel room to find out what am I actually eating on that night. Its andouillette. And AAAAA is the abbreviation for "Association Amicale des Amateurs d'Andouillette Authentique" which is an association for andouillette lover. According to Wiki, Andouillette is a coarse-grained sausage made with pork (or occasionally, veal), intestines or chitterlings, pepper, wine, onions, and seasonings.

Taste:8/10(Delicious. Foie gras is good and creamy. But the bread comes with foie gras is very hard and dry. Now I know why people like foie gras. As for Andouillette, I like it after a while. The fried potato slices are very good).
Price:5/10(Near expensive. Foie gras with toast price at Euro 12 and Andouillette at Euro 14)


Dudule.

Foie gras with toast.

My dish of Andouillette with potato slices and salad.

This is how Andouillette content look like when I cut thru it.

The potato slices are so good.

GPS/Coordinate: 48.831028, 2.357529
Address: 205 Boulevard Vincent Auriol 75013 Paris.
Paris Metro: Place d'Italie station. It is located just opposite the metro station.

Comments:

Post a Comment