Wednesday, November 30, 2005

National Conference on Programming Sciences 2005 (Atur'05)

Today is my first time to present a research paper in a conference. My paper is about language to vision application. This event was held at Marriott Hotel in PutraJaya. The journey takes about an hour from my home in Klang. The whole event is running smoothly. They also invite guest from corporate IT companies to give an insight into new technologies. The speech given by guest at IBM and Microsoft are really helpful in understanding programming concepts better. IBM speech is on grid computing whereas Microsoft speech is about creating a concept in programming, tools and how to document programming concept so that normal people without technical knowledge with be able to understand it. Another speech guest is from Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri (KPDN). His speech is about piracy. However, I think that his speech gives us more insights and ideas on how to download and copy software illegaly!

The lunch for this event is quite good and have a lot of variety. That day the hotel has special buffet on Western food and local food. Among the food served are chicken marinated with white sauce and basil, variety of cheese, variety of puddings, lamb in soy sauce, salad, and etc. I didn't feel hungry at all during the event as there are breakfast, lunch and tea time. Anyway, any functions that is government sponsered will have nice food. Hehe...

My paper presentation begin after my lunch. At first I am quite nervous about that. But after I start presenting, I didn't feel nervous at all and I still able to talk until specified time finished (15 minutes).

After all, it is a good event but it must be improved. The quality of paper seems too focus on teaching method and in teaching area. More emphasis must be given towards industy based.

Comments:

Post a Comment