Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bitterballen of Cafe Het Gasthuys @ Amsterdam

This cafe located near the red light district of Amsterdam offers variety of Dutch snacks and also served as pub. I ordered bitterballen and hot chocolate on that day. The service is good and the lady was lovely too. I found this cafe by coincidence. It was my last day in Amsterdam and I just want to try out bitterballen before I left this place. Somehow, I stop at Spui station and start walking around behind the back lane. I found out this cafe which looks good outside and the menu has the items that I wanted plus reasonable price.

Taste:8/10(Delicious. Good bitterballen. The savoury Dutch beef based snack contains a mixture of beef, beef broth, butter, flour for thickening, parsley, salt and pepper. Great to eat while its hot!)
Price:6/10(Moderate. The price for 12 pieces of bitterballen at EUR4.00. I think the price is quite reasonable for Amsterdam. I order hot chocolate as well at EUR2.00).


I finished the 12 pieces of bitterballen alone!

Look, you can see the minced beef, parsley in creamy paste).

This is the best hot chocolate presentation that I ever had.

The ambiance in the cafe. Looks like a very old cafe serving traditional Dutch food.

Address: Grimburgwal 7, 1012 GA Amsterdam.
Coordinate/GPS: 52.36935,4.893594
Tram: Spui station.

Comments:

Post a Comment