Friday, September 21, 2012

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum @ Washington DC

Out of all the museums I visited on my trip to DC, this would have to be the most memorable. I can't even explain how it impacted me the entire time I was in there.

The museum is designed also to give you a glimpse of what it was like during the holocaust and being inside a concentration camp. Not that there could be any comparison but even those minute glimpses is enough to make you walk away with a feeling of unease and discomfort. During my visit. they have special exhibition on propaganda. I really learn a lot on the effect of propaganda and how it was use by the Nazis. This method is now widely used by the politician around the world to gain support from their own people. This really open up my mind as well. Not many photos here as can't take photo in the exhibition area.


Hall of Remembrance.

Museum lobby area.

Very informative and detail exhibition about propaganda.

The US Holocaust Memorial.

Address: 100 Raoul Wallenberg Pl SW
(between S 15th St & S Jefferson Dr)
Washington, DC 20024
Metro Station: Smithsonian Metro Station (Blue, Orange)
Coordinate/GPS: 38.886557,-77.032191
Entrance fee: Free.
Opens: Mon-Sun 10 am - 5:30 pm

Comments:

Post a Comment