Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hofbrauhaus @ Munich, Germany

Hofbrauhaus is a famous beer brewery in Munich, Germany. It is owned by Bavaria state government which they are also known as Royal Brewery in Munich. The beer hall is the oldest and dated 400 years ago. The brewery about which many songs have been written. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was also known to have visit this beer hall and written a few poem here. The Hofbräuhaus in Munich was one of the beer halls used by the Nazi Party to declare policies and hold functions.

Taste:7/10(Moderate. I would admit that the food here is not that fantastic other than they have tasty beer. Their lemonade beer is the best to have and its very good. I come here for 3 times. On my first time, I am not able to get a seat as the whole beer hall is full. Amazing that they able to cater for 4000 people and I can't find an empty seat! On my second visit, I came here to have Weisswurst (white sausage). The weisswurst was good and I had apple strudel as dessert which I think is not tasty at all. On my third visit, I have their roasted chicken which is ok. Overall, this restaurant is just a moderate restaurant which is overrated and the service is much to be desired. On my third visit, there is no one attend to take order after sitting for almost 15 minutes).

Price:5/10(Near expensive. The beer hall food price are pretty much the same. Two original Munich veal sausages (weisswurst) at EUR4.90, homemade beef broth with semolina dumpling at EUR3.90, apple strudel at EUR5.90, Münchner Weisse beer at EUR3.95, Hofbräu Dark Beer at EUR3.80 and half a Bavarian style roast chicken at EUR8.50).


My first visit here is crazy. On third floor, I can't find even one seat for me!

The first floor is also full. But I don't prefer first floor as its stuffy.

The plus point is that they have authentic Bavarian performance.

Nice environment to have dinner.

On second floor, its cater for more private function environment and its more quiet.

Münchner Weisse beer.

Hofbräu Dark Beer.


My half Bavarian style roasted chicken with potato salad.



Bavarian white sausage with sweet mustard.

Homemade beef broth with semolina dumpling. The soup is too salty. The dumpling is just nice.


Apple strudel. Taste not so good.


Hofbrauhaus beer hall from outside at night.

Coordinate/GPS: 48.137848,11.580131
Address: Platzl 9 80331 München Germany‎.
Public transport: S1-8, U3/6 Marienplatz, U3/6 Odeonsplatz, Tram 19 Theatiner-strasse.
Opening hours: 9.00am until 12.00am midnight.

Comments:

Post a Comment