Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Alaskan King Crab at Glacier Brewhouse @ Anchorage, Alaska

Glacier Brewhouse does not need further introduction when comes to dining in Anchorage, Alaska. This place is famous for its seafood and own brewed beer. Before, I visited this restaurant, I did read up some review about this restaurant and most of the comments were saying that they need to wait quite long and noisy. But for me, I found the experience of having dinner in Glacier Brewhouse were good as solo. The service were fast although the restaurant was quite full at that time and the service by my server were good and they are friendly. I ordered two meal during the dinner smoked salmon pesto with summer vegetables and half pound of Bering Sea King crab. Both of the meal were good and I satisfied with the meal. As for drink, I ordered raspberry wheat which is delicious and sweet.

Taste:9/10(Delicious. The smoked salmon pesto were great with tasty smoked salmon. The Bering Sea king crab with drawn butter and lemon is steamed just right and have good texture and flavour).
Price:3/10(Expensive. Smoked salmon pesto with summer vegetables at USD18.95, half pound of Bering Sea king crab at USD27.95 and a bottle of raspberry wheat at USD6.50. All of these meals and drink will set you back USD53.40).


Alaskan King crab appetizer. As long as my hand.

Even I just get the Alaskan king crab leg, its quite meaty.

My Bering/Alaskan king crab appetizer. Although it just steamed, but the crab flavour is original and meaty.

King crab meat.


Smoked salmon pesto with summer vegetables. Cooked with sweet peas, baby tomato, asparagus, basil pesto, artichoke and lemon. Tasty smoked salmon!

Environment in Glacier Brewhouse. Its party like and always full.

Plate with restaurant trademark. On going for dinner.

Can watch the brewery beside my seat.

Raspberry wheat. Sweet and tasty with red colour hue.

This is how Glacier Brewhouse look like from outside.

GPS/Coordinate: 61.217691, -149.896667
Address: 737 W 5th Ave Ste. 110, Anchorage, Alaska 99501, United States.
Public transport: People Mover Bus stop at intersection of H street and 5th Avenue.

Comments:

Post a Comment