Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bee Won @ Ampang, Kuala Lumpur

Some of you probably don't know that Malaysia have 5th largest Korean community in South East Asia and 20th in the World. Many are expatriates and they migrate here for education. As their numbers are increasing year by year, there is a need to create a small business area focusing on Korean stuff. In Korean town, you can have variety of Korean food as there are more than 20 restaurants to choose from. Within the area, you can also find a few shops selling Korean groceries.

Now, I want to continue with the main topic here. I was in KL during the day before Christmas for a wedding event. Since I still have much time until the dinner time, I took the chance to explore around Ampang area for something different. My tummy started to get hungry and suddenly I was thinking about Korean food. I still remember an article that I read from the net about the Korean town location and based on that, I found the place. In my opinion, this restaurant serve good Korean food. It is quite easy to recognize from its light blue signboard and can be seen from Jalan Ampang.

Taste:8/10(Good. You can get authentic Korean meal here. The taste is exactly like the meal I tasted in Korea. I not sure about their BBQ though).
Price:7/10(Moderate. Very reasonable price. The meal shown below only cost MYR15 and without any tax or any service tax. Recommended for good meal and price).


Bee Won menu. They have many variety of bibimbap, beef, pork and seafood dish or BBQ.

They have great selection of BBQ at reasonable price.

Very similar like going to Korea.

My bibimbap set. Wow, that's a lot of bachan.

Korean food can't miss this. Kimchi.

The environment in this restaurant.

This is the restaurant. It is easy to find in Korean town as this restaurant is facing Jalan Ampang.

Address:
B5 1-1, One Ampang Business Centre, Jalan Ampang, 68000 Selangor.
This shop is easy to find as you can see it beside Jalan Ampang main road. On the Jalan Tun Razak, go to the way towards Great Eastern Mall until you pass by a fly over. After the fly over, please turn right. After the turning, you reach Ampang Korean town.

Comments:

Post a Comment