Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nakau - Nutritious Japanese fast food @ Kyoto, Japan

Nakau is a famous Japanese fast food chain. Their famous menu is their beef rice bowl. Beef rice bowl is simple yet satisfying meal and its cheap. You will get some beef cooked in teriyaki sauce with some lightly beaten egg and green onion on top of it. The fast food chain also serves udon noodles, chicken with eggs rice bowl(oyako-don) and pork cutlet rice bowl(katsu-don). The price of regular size bowl is 390 Yen which is considered as cheap eat in Japan. The good thing about Nakau is they are open 24 hours. If you feel hungry anytime and don't have anything in mind, Nakau is the easiest choice. As of end of june 2013, there are 482 Nakau restaurants across Japan. During my stay of 4 nights in Kyoto, I have visited Nakau 3 times (twice for lunch and once for breakfast).

Taste:8/10(Delicious. I am satisfied with each meal that I am having here. I have tried their beef rice bowl, udon noodles and curry. Beef and udon noodles would be a better choice. Their curry is still good but its a bit oily. Its fast, cheap and good. Also each meal comes with free green tea).
Price:8/10(Cheap. Nakau rice bowl starts at 390 Yen).


My first meal in Kyoto. I ordered combo set. Beef rice bowl and udon noodles. I particularly like the udon noodles as they put dried orange skin which makes the udon taste better.

The udon noodles with some fried tofu and vegetables in clear broth.

Beef rice bowl with teriyaki sauce and onions.

Japanese udon curry noodles.

Beef with egg rice bowl.

Since I don't know Japanese, I just trying my luck by looking at the pictures. Don't try to ask as the staff don't understand English.

The electronic device to inform you to collect your meal when its ready.

The environment inside Nakau restaurant.

GPS/Coordinate: 34.989184, 135.756604
Address: Shichijodori, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto. Nakau is available throughout Japan.
Opening hours: 24 hours.

Comments:

Post a Comment