Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cokertme kebab dinner at Shadow @ Istanbul, Turkey

I stay quite near to Akbiyik Caddesi during my last visit to Istanbul. The street full with upscale restaurant and its hard to choose which one are serving good food. Checking with my hostel staff to recommend good food around the area does not help either as they tend to recommend their own restaurant. After read a couple of review in Trip Advisor, I decided to try this restaurant. The name does not sound interesting "Shadow". However, as I approached the restaurant, I were offered free garlic bread and dessert if I order any of their main dish. I chose their Cokertme kebab as per the staff recommendation. I was happy with the choice and the meal turn out to be good.

Taste:9/10(Delicious. The best meal here were their garlic bread which were tasty. Condiments which came together with the garlic bread blends very well with the taste of the garlic bread. The charcoal roasted garlic bread were so fragrant and savoury. The best part is the garlic bread was free from the main menu of Cokertme kebab that I ordered).
Price:6/10(Moderate. The whole meal together with a glass of beer priced at TRY40. The cokertme kebab priced at TRY32 and beer at TRY8. Garlic bread and baklava is free).



This is the best garlic bread that I ever had. Fragrant, slight salty, savoury and slight crispy. The condiments which comes with the bread were great. Olive, tomatoes and spicy paste.


Cokertme kebab - yogurt, Matchal potato, sliced steak, tomato and butter sauce. The medium rare steak were nicely done and good combination with the fried Matchal potato and the sauce at the bottom.

Yogurt and butter sauce.

Thin fries were perfectly done.

Free dessert of baklava.

Friendly staff of Shadow.

GPS/Coordinate: 41.006193, 28.981036
Address: Akbiyik Caddesi No 26, Cankurtaran, Istanbul 34400, Turkey
Public transport: 10 minutes walk from Sultanahmet tram station.

Comments:

Post a Comment