Friday, December 7, 2012

Din Tai Fung @ Xinyi branch, Taipei

Din Tai Fung is a famous chinese restaurant chain in Taipei. Their brand name is so famous until they have expended their business to South East Asia, USA, Japan and even Australia. I went to their headquarters restaurant located near Yongkang Street in Xinyi, Taipei. The restaurant is huge with 3 storey high. I reached there around 11.30am and have to wait for almost 40 minutes in order to get in. The waiting is pleasant enough as they have their own queue system and you can choose your food while waiting for your turn. Great customer service and the serving was fast. I can't believe myself as I was able to complete the 5 dishes that I ordered for my own! My be I was hungry as I have to walk around 1.5km before reaching the restaurant without knowing that that this restaurant is located just outside Dongmen station which is just opened in September 2012. Many maps are not updated with the MRT station yet.

Taste:8/10(Delicious. Overall the food here is good. Although I think their food is not the best but, its still good and above normal and they have quite an extensive menu. In my opinion, they have the best black sesame sweet bun).
Price:7/10(Moderate. My overall meal cost me TWD544 with 10% service charge. 10 pieces of pork Xiao long bao at TWD190, Din Tai Fung house speciality at TWD65, black sesame sweet bun at TWD35 each, pork sticky rice at TWD75 & noodles with mince pork sauce at TWD130).


Reached Din Tai Fung of Xinyi branch which is Din Tai Fung headquarters. Long queue though. Many tourist from China, Japan & Korea.

With the queue system, the waiting is still pleasant.

Checking and selecting menu while waiting for my number 87.

My ten pieces of pork xiao long bao. The dumpling pastry encasing the brothy meat was delicate which made the experience an explosion of flavours in the mouth.

The meat inside xiao long bao.

The xiao long bao has such a delicate texture.

Noodles with minced pork sauce.

House speciality.

Pork sticky rice bun.

Ginger with black vinegar.

Black sesame sweet bun. The taste is amazing.

The bun full with black sesame.

Look out for this signboard. This restaurant is tourist friendly with English menu.

Address: No.194 Second Section, Xinyi Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Coordinate/GPS: 25.033525,121.530064
Metro: Dongmen Station exit 5.

Comments:

Post a Comment