Get a T-Card if you stay a week in Seoul and plan to fully utilize their subway systems. Over the years, T-Card has integrated into many restaurant and shops around Seoul. So it can be use as cash card as well. Using T-Card provide you with convenience and you will also get discount of 100 Won on each subway ride. Seoul has become a success model in creating a cashless society.
Clean and spacious airport express train.
Changing of guards in Gyeongbokgung palace.
World famous Cheonggyecheon stream. Successful model of urban renewal.
Autumn foliage in Gyeongbokgung palace.
Busy shopping street of Myeongdong.
Cute teddy bears in Teddy Bear museum at Namsan Tower.
Seoul olympic park. They hosted the 1988 olympic games.
Trick eye museum nearby Hongik University.
Rainbow bridge fountain at Banpo Hangang Park.
|Day 1 (Fri)||1. Arrival from Kuala Lumpur to Seoul via Malaysia Airlines on Boeing 777 flight. The journey takes approximately 7.5 hours. |
2. Purchase T-Card from 7-Eleven located at Incheon Airport.
3. Check in at Kimchi Hongdae hostel near Hongik University Station.
|1. Having eel bento set lunch at O Bento ||1. Visit Gyeongbokgung the largest palace in Seoul. |
2. Visit Cheonggyecheon the best model of urbal renewal. Great park to visit.
|1. Dinner near Dongdaemun station. Good vegetarian bibimbap and cheap. |
2. Explore around Dongdaemun area.
3. Explore Myeongdong shopping street. Many fashionable boutiques and street food stalls are available. Large crowd at night.
|Day 2 (Sat)||1. Having bread as breakfast purchased from bakery from the night before. |
2. Visit UNESCO world heritage palace of Changdeokgung. Historic palace with private garden.
|1. Drinking shikhye drink (Korean rice fermented drink) |
2. Having vegetarian bibimbap as lunch.
|1. Visit Korean traditional old houses. |
2. Took bus. Heading to Namsan Tower.
3. Visit teddy bear museum which is just located at ground floor of Namsan Tower. Take the combination ticket of Namsan Tower and teddy bear museum for extra savings.
1. Visit Itaewon and have handmade noodles kalguksu as dinner.
|Day 3 (Sun)||1. Visit Deoksu palace for guarding changing ceremony and to view the westernized feature of the palace.||1. Visiting Jongmyo shrine and took their walking tour. You can't walk alone in Jongmyo shrine. Do follow the time of your preferred language tour. |
2. Having pork chop as lunch
|1. Heading to Samgakji subway station to visit The Korea War Memorial. This is the world largest war memorial with many actual planes and war ships on display.||1. Visit shopping area of Dongdaemun. |
2. Chicken ginseng soup dinner at Dongdaemun
|Day 4 (Mon)||1. Autumn colours view at Seoul Olympic Park ||1. Yeouido Hangang park visit. You are able to view the colourful flowers in the park and the 63 building which is among the tallest building in Seoul. ||1. Beef soup dinner near Seoul station. |
2. Visit Seoul station Lotte Mart. This is a large Lotte Mart.
3. Night view of Cheonggyecheon river stream.
4. Late night supper of traditional Korean delicacy of haemul pajeon and makgeolli.
|Day 5 (Tue)||1. Unique Trick Eye museum in Hongik University area. ||1. Tried the banana milk drink. |
2. National Museum of Korea visit. Many ceramics on display.
|1. Visit COEX shopping mall. I don't recommend to visit this shopping mall as product are mostly high end. |
2. Dinner of bibimbap at COEX Mall.
3. Check out the media poles at Gangnam area.
|Day 6 (Wed)||1. Spicy pork stew breakfast.||1. Visit antique street of Insadong.||1. Visit Namdaemun market. Snacking at Namdaemun market.||1. heading to dongguk station to view Rainbow bridge fountain. This musical water fountain performance only available during autumn. |
2. Tried Tteokbokki during supper.
|Day 7 (Thur)||1. Going back home from Incheon airport to Kuala Lumpur via Malaysia Airlines flight.|